Canada's Only 4DX® Experience
Only at Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas
It is time to transform the experience of watching a movie. With 4DX®: atmospherics like water, wind, lighting, scent and more, combine
with motion seats to make you feel like you're in the middle of all the action.
Motion & Environmental Effects
Dynamic motion and movements that heave, roll and pitch
Various water effects like watershot and mist
Gentle or heavy rain, and even shower with rain effects
Explosions, smoke and fog coming into reality
Gentle breeze or turbulent storm in the comforts of the auditorium
Shaking and rumbling with the effects on screen
Diverse combinations of air shots inducing a vivid sensation
Thunder with flashes of light just inches away
Bubbles filling the auditorium and creating a fantastic atmosphere
A variety of fragrant scents spreading in the auditorium
Back and leg ticklers awakening your senses for excitement
Fierce storm with rain swirling in the whole auditorium
Floating snow bringing a glowing ambience to the auditorium
Click Here for Safety Information
4DX – Safety Warning and Release
4DX is a high-tech cinema experience that features special physical effects that enhance what you see on the screen. Special effects include chair motion and vibration, strobe lighting, simulated wind, fog and lightning, as well as mist and scent. Read this Safety Warning and Release carefully to avoid exposing yourself to unnecessary risk, potential injury, or other undesired consequences.
You are entering at your own risk. By purchasing a ticket and/or entering the 4DX auditorium, you are acknowledging that you understand and will comply with all safety warnings and guidelines contained in this document and that you are aware of and accept all of the risks associated with the 4DX experience. Neither, Cineplex, 4DX, the landlord, the owner or distributor of the film, third party on-screen advertiser, or manufacturer or distributor of any food or beverage product brought into the 4DX auditorium by you, are liable or responsible for any injuries or losses arising from any medical condition suffered or aggravated as a result of your exposure to the 4DX experience, or loss, damage or destruction to any personal property you bring into the 4DX auditorium, as a result of the 4DX experience or from your failure or the failure of others, to observe these safety warnings and guidelines.
General Safety Warnings
Advertising shown prior to the start of the film may be presented with 4DX effects.
If you have a medical condition or disability that may be impacted by the 4DX experience, it is strongly recommended that you consult with your physician before participating.
Children are not permitted to sit on the lap of their guardian. All children must be seated in their own seat. Use of booster seats is not permitted.
If you are accompanying a minor, you are solely responsible for their compliance with these guidelines. It is your responsibility to inform them about the rules and supervise them at all times.
Some viewers may suffer from a loss of balance, headaches, locomotor system pain, dizziness, problems caused by jets of air, fog effects or scents, and in extraordinary cases, epilepsy-like symptoms, during or after the 4DX experience.
Scent, bubbles and water effects may stain cloth, especially silk.
All beverages must be covered with a lid to prevent spills. Caution should be used with hot beverages, such as tea, coffee or hot chocolate.
Due to the nature of the 4DX experience, the environment is not suitable for service animals and may cause them to become frightened or anxious. In order to ensure the safety of the service animal, we strongly recommend that guests do not allow service animals to remain on the 4DX platform, or on the lap of its owner, during the experience.
For your own safety, 4DX presentations may not suitable for:
- Person who suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, back or neck conditions, epilepsy, or any type of medical condition affecting the senses of smell, vision, or hearing.
- Persons with disabilities.
- Persons who are blind or visually impaired.
- Persons with sensitivities to scent, loud noises, or flashing lights.
- Pregnant women.
- Persons suffering from breathing or respiratory problems, such as allergies or scent sensitivities.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
- Persons prone to motion sickness.
- Persons under the age of 4 (children between the age of 4 and 7 must be accompanied by a parent or authorized guardian).
- Persons under 3’4” (102 cm) tall.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Stay focused on the movie and be prepared for sudden special effects.
- Sit upright and keep your feet on the footrest.
- Ensure that your belongings will not fall, spill, leak, blow away or stain. Items that are not properly secured may directly interfere with the 4DX special effects.
- Remain seated at all times unless you are getting up to leave the auditorium.
- Keep liquids in a covered cup and avoid consuming during the special effects.
- Use caution when drinking hot beverages.
- Get out of your seat unless you are leaving the auditorium.
- Get close to the special effects units, especially the blowers or jets.
- Bring valuables into the auditorium. If you choose to bring personal property into the auditorium, please adequately secure and protect your property. Personal belongings must not be stored in the space between the seats or obstruct the aisles.
- Put your arms or legs in between the seats.
- Stand on the footrests and using caution when getting on or off the 4DX motion chairs.
- Sit your child on your lap. All children must be seated next to their accompanying guardian.