On Saturday April 1st, Cineplex is proud to present Beauty and the Beast in Sensory-Friendly screenings in select theatres!
Cineplex’s sensory-friendly screenings is a unique program created in consultation with Autism Speaks Canada. Born out of the desire to create ongoing inclusive programming for families, these screenings of new, first-run movies eliminate some of the stresses that families whose members have sensory sensitivities or are on the autism spectrum might otherwise feel at a movie theatre.
With some small modifications families can enjoy the experience of seeing a new movie in a comfortable, welcoming environment, free of environmental factors that can be overstimulating for people with sensitivities or an autism spectrum disorder.
At a sensory-friendly screening, you’ll find that:
- The lights are raised
- The sound is lower than usual
- There are fewer people in the theatre
- Concessions are sold in the theatre
- Guests are welcome to bring their own snacks to meet dietary restrictions
- There is a quiet zone available for those who need it
- It is a welcoming, judgment-free environment
New sensory-friendly screenings happen every 4-6 weeks at select theatres, to make it easier for families to plan ahead on a regular basis.
Watch the trailer:
To find out more including upcoming screenings and locations nearest you, click here!